Hunter 40BOOK THIS BAREBOAT CHARTER
New to our fleet in 2016, Seas The Moment is a wonderful yacht. Her wide beam gives her both stability underway and plenty of room down below. She is a joy both underway and at the dock and we are thrilled to add her to our fleet.
On deck, you will experience a well thought out cockpit, plenty of sailing power and a comfortable hull design. Down below, she has a beautiful galley, 2 large staterooms, 2 heads, air conditioning and generous main saloon. No doubt that either underway or at the dock, Seas The Moment will exceed your expectations.
Please follow these helpful hints to book your charter online using our online system:
- The schedule is maintained in real time and is 100% accurate
- The pricing is the all in, bottom line price including tax – no other costs!
- To book you must pick the start and end date:
- For a one day charter – click on the date twice (once for start, once for end)
- Weekend charter – Start on Friday, end on Sunday
- Week-long charter – 7 days and 7 nights, the system will want you to book only the nights and not the last day. For example, for a Wednesday to Wednesday charter, only book Wednesday through Tuesday and not Wednesday to Wednesday (since you will be disembarking before the last Wednesday night).
- Extra days can be added to any of the above
- Once you have your dates and price, click the Make Reservation button to pay the deposit
- Feel free to call or email any questions!
- Extra days may be added to any charter at a rate of $250 per day.
- Please note that premium rates (additional 10%) apply for day, week and weekend charters around Memerial Day, Indpendence Day and Labor Day.
- Day charters are 10 AM to 4 PM
- Weekend charters begin 12 noon on Friday and conclude 4 PM Sunday
- Weeklong charters are for 7 days /7 nights, noon to 10:00 AM, but can not begin on Saturday or Sunday
- Captains can be added for $195 per day
- Provisioning options and chefs are custom quoted upon request, call for details
Charters Quick Answers
Am I qualified to charter?
We will have you complete a resume to evaluate your current skill level. Essentially, if you’ve Captained a similar size yacht under similar conditions, then you are qualified.
What’s Included in your Yacht Charter?
Included in your trip is all the equipment listed per yacht. Refer to the individual yacht equipment list for more details. Your yacht will always include all necessary USCG safety gear, bath towels, pillows, bed linens and blankets. You will also have the necessary charts to navigate the cruising grounds. A full tank of water is also included.
What’s NOT Included?
• No consumable products are included, this means food and beverages, as well as paper towels, napkins and toilet paper.
• Docking mooring & Marina fees
• Childrens' Life Jackets for ages 3 and under
• Beach Towels
• Flights, Transfers & Related Taxes
• Yacht Damage Waiver
What should I expect on Arrival?
All boats are prepared, as per the booking, normally for 2:00 PM boarding time. You will be required to attend a chart briefing and vessel check out presentation. Plan to spend 60-90 minutes for these activities.
What is required at Departure
Please arrive at the fuel dock no later than 10 AM on your day of disembarkment. You will be required to have the holding tank pumped out and fuel tank refilled
Before disembarkation please complete your debrief which is to let us know if you have encountered any problems with the boat or broken anything during the trip; this enables us to rectify problems for the next charter.
In addition, we also require you to bag dirty laundry and leave in the cockpit, empty all cupboards and refrigerator of food and throw away, and ensure that the boat is handed back in a clean and tidy state. We reserve the right to charge for boats left less than shipshape.
Is Night Time Sailing permitted
Night Sailing is not permitted; you must be moored, anchored or docked by the end of the contract specified sailing time.
What are the Cruising Area Limits
Cruising areas are limited to US waters within 25 miles of Batter Park Marina
Will my cell phone work on Lake Erie
Your cellular phone will work in Sandusky and on most waters of Lak Erie. However, there are no guarantees and you should check with your wireless carrier for coverage options.
We may have a satellite phone you can rent.
Can I play music from my Music/Ipods through the yacht speakers
All boats are fitted with a radio and CD player. Most of these also accept ipod/MP3 inputs. You may need to bring a USB or Aux cable to connect.
Why Choose Us?
Lake Erie Sailing is committed to the highest quality service and backs that commitment with the sailing industry's top service guarantee. Only Lake Erie Sailing offers a service guarantee.learn more
Lake Erie Sailing offers everyday low pricing on both are charters and sailing school options designed to compete with anyone.learn more
Simply put, we offer the best cruising and teaching fleet on Lake Erielearn more
Close to Put-in-Bay, Cedar Point and Kelleys Islandlearn more
“We had a great time. Can’t wait for our next trip!”
“It was the trip of a lifetime!”
“We really learned how to sail and anchor the boat."
“An experience that we will never forget. We can hardly wait to get back and put our new skills to work.”
“Better than I imagined.”
“Great hands-on experience. Plenty of real-life situations and practical knowledge."
“I really could not expect anything more from this class! Well done! See you next year for my first charter!"
News & Events
We are happy to announce the expansion of fleet by welcoming Seas the Moment, a Hunter 40.learn more